Basketball, no need for any sport explanation here since the sport and players earned millions of fans all over the world; regardless if the fans are avid, seasonal or just joining the bandwagon there’re everywhere. Professional basketball teams don’t have championships every other week, unlike the matches at link 188bet, so to fill in those months of no new basketball action you might want to know a few facts about the game and certain players.
- The original basketball hoops in history were peach baskets with closed bottoms. During games the officials needed to grab the ball out of the basket. String nets were introduced in the early 1900s.
- In 1997, basketball player Latrell Sprewell attacked a coach named P.J Carlesimo, choking him for 15 seconds before other players were able to pull him off the coach. Sprewell received 68 game suspensions, the second longest in NBA records.
- During its early conception, basketball did not require dribbling. Players were allowed to catch the ball, run a few steps, slow down, stop and then pass the ball or make a shot. It was only in 1950s when dribbling became a crucial part of the sport.
- Basketball has one of the highest numbers of game injuries and majority of them are sprained ankle. On the other hand, knee inflammation is the sole injury that results to players missing the game.
- The longest ever game in the history of NBA occurred in January 6, 1951 between the Indianapolis Olympians and the Rochester Royals. After a score of 75-73 and six overtimes, Indianapolis Olympians emerged victorious.
- The player with the highest number of free throws in his entire career at 9,787 is Karl Malone from the Utah Jazz.
Games held before 1923 allowed teams to choose which of their players would shoot free throws after a foul instead of the player who was fouled.